October 4, 2013

I think I am becoming a fur mommy this weekend

My baby girl Camille passed away last November.  It was a very sad day.  There is not a day that goes by without missing her adorable little face.  Love you baby girl! I had swore that I would NEVER get another pet...! NEVER!  until....


Lately, I've been hinting to Bidou how much fun it would be to get another dog.  We discussed it and decided to wait until Spring... the timing isn't good.
  
It was a case closed issue until last week when an old high school friend forwarded me an email via Facebook (you know the kind of friend you haven't seen in years) asking me if I would be interested in adopting her dog!  She owns a 2 year old King Charles Cavalier.  Say what?? that is exactly the breed I would get if I would be getting another dog!! How did she know that?? 

Initially, she bought this dog for her autistic daughter hoping that they would create a great bond together... but for some reasons her daughter is not attached to the dog whatsoever and my old high school friends wants to find a good home for the dog.

Since I've been blabbing on Facebook on how I missed my dear girl and maybe thinking about getting another dog.... she tough about us right away... and forwarded me that e-mail. My first response was no... case close! Then she suggested to bring over the dog for a trial weekend... and I just couldn't say no even though it was is a case close issue! ya right!

Needless to say, she is bringing over Ixi (not liking the name so I think I am changing it to Mindy, Jenny or Molly) tomorrow and she will be picking her up or not Sunday evening.

Stay tuned....

1 comments:

  1. Oh keep her!! Change the name for sure -- but keep her! :)

    -Kate
    www.theflorkens.com

    ReplyDelete